ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Another Catastrophic Success

Yesterday, the sky was brilliant blue as I headed to my polling station to vote. There were no lines, in fact there were a number of people who were told they were at the wrong polling place. The poll workers thought it was odd, too. After doing my civic duty, I headed home to catch the early returns.

After a few hours of checking blogs and flipping through channels for the latest news, I left the TV on ABC and laid down to watched in a more relaxed position. Whereupon I fell asleep and had a strange and adventurous dream of a prison break and capturing a small ship.

“Let’s take her out of the bay,” I said pointing to the rays of the setting sun streaming through the clouds on the horizon.

“We can’t do that!” said the pilot.

“Why not?” I ask perplexed.

It was about midnight when awoke feeling disoriented with the TV blaring depressing projections. So I watched for three more hours hugging my dog for comfort till sleep came for me again.

This morning the sky was the color of misery. Brooding and out of coffee, I tuned into Kerry’s concession speech. Then I took a short nap. The best advice I ever got was “Never try and think when you’re tired.” When you do it leads to dark decisions.

Normally I don’t believe in omens but it started hailing outside and thunder can be heard in the distance -very rare and unusual for the Bay Area. However my usual sunny disposition took over and I searched for news that’ll cheer me up. Well it looks like Measure Z passed and that’ll be useful for the days ahead…