ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Techie Tuedsay: Apple - iMac G5


Portable Video Editing!?! Posted by Hello

Just anounced today at the Paris Apple Expo is the sleek iMac G5 or as one commenter over at Engadgetsaid, "It's a laptop on a stick."

For quite awhile I have desired a Mac for video editing. I wanted a highly portable solution but the laptops seemed too expensive, costly to service, or upgrade.

For $1,499 the new 17 inch iMac G5 1.8GHz system comes with these specs:
17-inch widescreen LCD
-1.8GHz PowerPC G5
-512K L2 cache
-600MHz frontside bus
-256MB DDR400 SDRAM
-NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
-64MB DDR video memory
-80GB Serial ATA hard drive
-Slot-load SuperDrive


More than enough for my DV needs at the moment. Oh by the way, did I mentioned my birthday is coming soon? On September 11th, to be exact...