ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Thursday, December 30, 2004

The Death Toll Mounts

The past few day have been spent watching the horriffic images of destruction and reading harrowing accounts of survival. It is difficult to imagine the suddenness with which nature's destructive force killed so many so quickly.

When I was eight I almost drowned in the ocean, on two separate occasions, by being caught in riptides. I have tried to multiply by a hundred fold the feelings of helplessness I remember; still I can't completely visualize what drowning in the wake of a tsunami entails.

For the survivors searching for lost ones, checking the litter of corpses strewn in the aftermath must be even worse.

I have added a donation button to the Red Cross on my sidebar, so give what you can.

If you would like to put one on your blog or website you can get the code here.