ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Friday, December 03, 2004

The Heart of Blogging

I've noticed that quite a few of my favorite bloggers fell victim to what I call 'Post-Electoral Depression.' For a period it felt like the heart went out of these passionate few, the passion dimmed and posting dropped off. I know I felt this way for awhile.

As a certifiable news-junkie I couldn't stand to watch the news. To hear another consevative pundit crow, or explain what's wrong with the Democratic Party made me want to commit an act of defenestration with my TV (yeah, both of us). Then the other day the word "Blog" made its way into the dictionary as if that has finally 'bestowed' some sort of legitimacy on all of us.

For some reason I recalled the hauntingly beautiful imagery of this Academy Award winning animation by Mark Osborne, MORE.

This is not the metaphor to describe what I'm feeling or what I imagine other bloggers are compressing. To tell the truth, I am not even sure this applies. However, each time I watch this short film I am struck by its message of irony, that of the oxymoronic-variety: bitter-sweet.

And of late, ironically, blogging has been bitter-sweet...


(Thanks to Totally Flabbergasted )