ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Friday, July 01, 2005

Shirking as of late...

I haven't been writing much lately. I've ignored my blog, my email, and my checkbook. Instead I've been reading escapist fiction non-stop this last week. Every now and then I find a sci-fi series that is worth reading. It's like a cheap vacation, no pre-flight screening required.

I have always love reading. The cereal box in the morning, or in a pinch, the list of chemicals and instructions of the bathroom cleaners. Lately, I have read too much on LCD screen, so much that I am concerned for my eyesight, so back to basics - the dogeared paperback.

So far I've read 1227 pages out of the 1642 that the series has. As far as reading series goes, I hate waiting for the next one to be published. I prefer read them straight through in an almost obsessive way. When I was 12, I read Lord of the Rings in a weekend. I had the most amazing dreams, and in a fainting spell (when I jumped up suddenly to close the window from a rain storm) I flew above armies clashing in Middle Earth...

I've always been blessed with vivid imagination which is why I love to read, or maybe because of that love. I've never understood people who say they hate to read, which I seem to encounter more of late. And then again, these are the same folks who vote...