ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

American Lie


You've seen the picture, but did you know the song?

New ‘American Pie’ Lyrics: by GW Bush
A short, short time ago ... I can still remember
How politics used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
I could make white people dance
And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while

But August ‘05 made me shiver
With every poll drop I did quiver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn’t take one more step

I can’t remember if I cried
When I read about them widowed brides
But something touched me deep insides
The day the music died

So bye-bye, My American Joke
Drove my Chevy to the levee
But the levee was broke
And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
Singin’ "This’ll be the day that George dies
"This’ll be the day that George dies"

Did Laura write the book of love
And do you have faith in God above
If Billy Graham tells you so
Do you believe in rock ‘n roll
Can music save Clinton’s mortal soul
And can you teach me how to read real slow...


The song goes on for at least three more days.


(via Other Crap)