ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Fortress Mentatlity

Israel wants to build a moat, yes you heard right, a moat along the Gaza strip border with Egypt.

Whatever opinion you hold on the Israel vs. Palestinian conflict, please put that on standby for a moment and help me figure out what are they going do with all that material the remove digging the moat. It seems the plan is to dig a 2 1/2 mile long trench 400 feet wide by 80 feet deep. By my calculations that's over 4 million cubic feet of earth (sand?) and I gotta' ask where are they going to put it? What possible uses could this land fill serve? Can a buck be made? Questions always questions. I call it thinking outside the (sand) box. But, then again, the devil is in the details...

For full disclosure: I must confess that I've been building by hand a small dog park, appropriately called "Dog Shit Park", in back of the live/work complex where I live. So lately I think in terms of shovelfuls, energy expenditures, and final results.