ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Stop with the sport analogies already..

Keith Olberman is back to The Debate III with his own Bloggerman "boxing" account of the last match.Bush is crushed by his final score: Kerry 12 rounds, Bush 4 round, and 4 rounds were fought to a stand still. With final adjusted points: Kerry 18, Bush 3.


Salon hits a Homerun with Bush out after Strike Three! or "Kerry Sweeps the Series."

My personal favorite was this thrust towards the end of the encounter:
KERRY: Well, I guess the president and you and I are three examples of lucky people who married up.

(LAUGHTER)

And some would say maybe me moreso than others.

(LAUGHTER)

But I can take it.

(LAUGHTER)


While Bush looked disarmed not getting the joke at his expense*, Kerry with a smile skewered the criticism that he is a dominated or henpecked husband. That was a perfect use of the French Technique: hit fast and so smooth that the other doesn't know he has been insulted.

*Bush failing to assume the mantle of "The Great Communicator" will now be known as, "she speaks English a lot better than I do."