ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

A Man and His Sign

If you work in downtown San Francisco you know this man by his distinctive gait and bizarre protest. Every day without fail, he marches through the Financial District carrying his message. Now and then he would change his target which would be a conversation starter, like, "did you see the sign guy's new sign?" Finally, he is no longer nameless. He is Frank Chu and this is his story.
Q. When and why did you start protesting?

A. I started about five years ago. My protest is regarding the embezzlement and treason against me committed first by former President Clinton and other guiltied parties, mostly in Washington, who slander the several billions population in the 12 galaxies.

Q. Which president has been worse to the 12 galaxies, Clinton or Bush?

A. I would have to say Clinton because of the strong evidence against him for not paying my royalties as a movie star. But Bush still has another term to go, so maybe he will eventually be worse.

Q. Do you have a regular route?

A. Yes. It is based around Market and Montgomery streets, depending on commute and traffic hour. I protest seven days a week and I hold the Guinness Book of World Records for longest consecutive protest. I have walked more than the March of Dimes and Salvation Army put together.

Q. Do you ever call in sick or take a vacation?

A. I was sick once a couple of years ago. I go skiing once a year in Lake Tahoe. Telepathic treason limits my ability to ski on the advanced slopes. I do not ski with my sign.

Once for a Bay to Breakers, I tried to get together a centipede where everyone would dress like this guy and amble through the race. It just didn't happen in this galaxy...

Update: Here are some pics of the guy and his signs.


(Via Information Junk)