ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Lynching is a bad word

I think I have a motive for those Senators that didn't want to make a big fuss or be counted signing the anti-lynching resolution and it goes like this - How dare the Democrats try and take away a favored word of the GOP from their lexicon?

Remember when Orrin Hatch accused "extreme left" interest groups of "lynching" the nominee.

Remember when David Horowitz said, In fact this is the second lynch party organized by the Democrats for the same victim, Judge Charles Pickering whom the Preisdent has nominated to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Or my favorite fake-news headline PRESIDENT BUSH AND SENATOR FRIST'S STATEMENT ON THE UNFORTUNATELY NECESSARY POLITICAL LYNCHING OF TRENT LOTT

Maybe it's time we retire the term 'Lynching' in a political context and pay homage to all those unfortunate victims of violence.

I think witch hunt is still OK, but then what do I know?