ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Monday, October 31, 2005

Alito Cattivo

Due to daylight savings time, I woke at an ungodly hour and manage to catch our mush-mouth president announced his latest draft pick for team SCOTUS. reading from his script, 4 words at a time, with minimal enthusiasm (so it seemed) he introduced Sam Alito to assembled camera crews on this all hallows eve.

To see what the right-wing spin would be, I headed over to the crypt of Drudge where I found a fantastically cretinous talking point. Since I don't link there, I'll let Brad R of Sadly No! field this one:
Drudge is parroting some of the stupidest RNC talking points ever. Per Drudge, Democrats are opposing the nomination of Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court is because... they're racist against Italians!


See, calling the nominee a clone of conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, or affectionately "Scalito," is somehow disrespectful and italophobic -- even if he's been called that for some 13 years.


Well I don't want to do that. I'd rather mock him in a more Italian manner and make fun of his name.

In Italian alito means breath, as in bad breath (think of the root of halitosis) which is alito cattivo. If you are of a more refined nature you could say alito pesante, like what one has after eating a plate of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio.

In the spirit of Halloween I offer you this comic book cover which is begging for some photoshop wizardry.