ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

50,000th Visitor

I just broke the 50K barrier, which dovetails with a post I was going to write (honest) about not blogging from work. Maybe I'm stickler,but I don't think that it's right to blog from the workplace.

It's not quite like playing mine sweeper or solitaire while on the clock, which is something you can't do in a small office. Maybe on your lunch time, but do you want to involve your office/company in any bloggy backlash that could occur if you're using company resources.

I've read a number of stories of people getting fired for blogging from work. This is not a sermon, just people in this biz can track IP adresses and this more of a cautionary tale.

The point I'm making is work can be a detriment to blogging, or a Billmon says contrariwise :
However, the last few months have been somewhat less than fully productive at the office, thanks to this blog and the potentially insignificant distractions discussed herein.


Friday is my last day at the office and I expect to post more often and recover the loss of some of those daily hits by posting more often.

While I'm not sermonizing, here is another thing I won't do: