ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

5 Stages of Republican Scandal

From the reader PT at Talking Points Memo
5 Stages of Republican Scandal

1. “I have not been informed of any investigation or that I am a target”

2. “I am cooperating fully, but this whole thing is a political ploy by the Democrats”

3. “I’m SHOCKED by the mistakes made by my subordinates”

4. “I’m deeply sorry for letting down my friends and family. I now recognize that I am an alcoholic. I will be entering rehab immediately, so I have no time for questions”

5. “Can I serve my time at Eglin Federal Penitentiary (aka Club Fed)?”


If you've ever wondered why politicians avoid raising the penalties on white collar crime it's because those are the crimes they're most like to commit.