ScaramoucheBlog

Politics, Sex, Religion, and all those impolite Human Conversations...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oaksterdam, California

Sunday, July 18, 2004

In Blog Years: I haven't been weaned yet..

It's been two months since I started this time consuming petite oeuvre, or my Big Loss Of Goldbricking. This is my 140th post and I question myself whither I goeth with this...

My original intention was to create a repository for all the strange links and catalog the madness in the news I’ve found online, balanced by a modicum of original content. I was tired of saying, "I read this weird thing on the net " and have people roll their eyes.

Now I say, "I wrote about this weird thing on my blog," and now I get an questioning look, and I explain what a blog is, and, then they roll their eyes...

Since high school I expected that someday I would be a writer. However I wanted to live a life worth writing about, and so I did. I‘ve had some extraordinary adventures over the years, accomplishments, and failures. Currently, I find myself with the dilemma of trying to put the sum of it all into words and find that I fear typing, and I fear grammar, and I fear being misunderstood. Writing is a tortuous exercise for the vainglorious. I constantly want to edit it until it feels right. So rest assured most of what you’ll find here are early drafts and off the cuff remarks.

The character Scaramouche, in Rafael Sabatini’s novel of the same name, was credited with having a gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad. This has been an underlying editorial policy here as well as a parenthetical description of my views on life in general. When young I was told that sex, politics and religion were impolite conversations. Yet I found these were the most interesting and revealing discussions possible for human interaction. I don't think it's time for this ol' dog to change habits...

So,to celebrate the 60 day mark here are some my favorite posts from the archive:

No SUVs s'il vous plait...

Bush Playing with Saddam's Pistol

Remember the Other Soldiers

Neanderthals Down by the Gene Pool

I Don't Do Friday Cat Blogging

They didn't really lie! Really! Not at All...